Sunday, February 14, 2010

Poppy @ Westminster AKC Show

Tomorrow, Poppy, a red merle Australian Shepherd that I have the priviledge of owning with two of my friends, will appear at Madison Square Gardens to compete at one of the most prestigious dog shows in the U.S.....NAKED!
[Gasps from the crowds]
How is this possible, you ask? It's the curse of being a female aussie. Twice a year, give or take a month or two, the "girls" remove their coats in preparation for a whirlwind romance with the "man" of their dreams. Okay, maybe not their dreams, but the dreams of their owners.

Hmmmm.... I wonder if I would attract the man of my dreams if I suddenly lost all of my hair? Uh, on second thought, I'd worry about who I would attract like that.

Back to Poppy! In the most competent hands of Valerie, who holds the other end of the leash, Poppy will show her heart out and I WILL be proud. No structural flaw will be hidden under a profuse abundance of hair. What you see is what you get.

So, with a wish thrown up into the stars, I shall wait to hear the outcome and tell myself that this is only one person's opinion if they don't choose, Miss Poppy.

1 comment:

Thanks for leaving your comments, reviews, or opinions!