Thursday, February 18, 2010

The Bucket List

If you haven't seen this movie, then you won't understand why this bit of celluloid made such an impact on my life.

Of course, I'm not lucky enough to have a disillusioned friend with oodles of money that wants me to accompany him/her whilst we jet about the planet, checking off the items inked out on "the list".

Brief definition of Bucket List: a list of goals a person would like to accomplish before he/she "kicks the bucket".  For those of you that don't know American slang, to "kick the bucket" means to die.
Death is inevitable. Here's a line about death that amuses me...."No one gets out alive."

I realize my personal lack of funds is not justification enough to prevent me from creating my own list and prioritizing it.
I believe I've always had a list of "goals" kept in the cluttered office of my mind. Writing them down doesn't make "the list" engraved in stone, but does organize the gray matter.

What is really important to me? What have I not done yet? Does it need to be meaningful or just be done for pure joy? Should I put my list on this blog? Maybe it will be an ongoing blog as new and interesting ideas pop into my head.
One important thing about an individualized bucket list is there are no right or wrong answers.

I do like the idea of putting a check mark next to a completed event and saying "Check!" 

With that in mind, I should put the more attainable goals at the top of "the list" and hold my pen at the ready.

For now, I'll just start jotting down what is easily extracted from the gray matter, in no particular order.

Let's begin....

1. See Tara in her wedding dress standing next to her new husband, Chris.
2. Attend Westminster to watch one of my dogs compete.
3. Finish my book "Ariana" and find a way to get it published.
4. Spend the night in a European castle.
5. Wriggle my toes in the sand somewhere along the Meditteranean coast.
6. Become a granny.

to be continued.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your comments, reviews, or opinions!