Thursday, February 25, 2010

Life Happens In Unexpected Ways

Have you ever had one of those days when you wake up feeling sorry for yourself?

That happens to me on occasion, but I have an personal agreement. When the foul mood attempts to overcome my senses, I allow for a 5 minute pity party, and then I get a firm grip on myself and start remembering all the good things I do have in my life to be thankful for.

I had such a morning two days past.  Waking up, overcome by the loneliness that I'm sure other older, single people experience, I sat in bed wondering what I'm doing with my life.

Five minutes elapsed. Begin the positive affirmations mantra.  

With a sigh, I rose from my cozy bed to seize the day. AND what a day it turned out to be.

First, I made the decision to get another breed of dog to show. I decided on Whippets which are as different from an Australian Shepherd as you can get. I called the breeder of a male I was interested to let her know that I would buy him.  
How could I resist this face?


Second, and most astounding, my daughter calls. I am going to be a grandma in October. Huzzah!  I have waited all my life to attain this status and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.  My heart near bursts as I feel the love growing exponentially. I want to share my glorious news with the world, but instead I call my best friend in the world. She celebrated grandmotherhood two years ago, while I tried not to be covetous. Her grandson is beautiful.  I can see her winking and saying, "Tara needs to have a daughter now and then we can join our families!"  Ah, the plottings of two women, no longer in the bloom of youth.

The cherry on the top of my day came when the phone rang and my sister's voice came across the line.  She had flown to Houston for a job interview with Continental Airlines. They offered her the job. Hooting and hollering, we basked together in the glad tidings!

And so I conclude today's blog with.....

"My cup runneth over with joy"


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your comments, reviews, or opinions!