Monday, February 15, 2010

Dealing with Dog Show Disappointment

Poppy showed today at "The Garden"...I think. I haven't heard from Valerie to get all the particulars.
what I do know...Poppy didn't win. Didn't even make the cut.

Smart Judges only choose their winners by what they have to evaluate on the day they judge. Selecting the best of the best on that day.

[please, a little cheese for the upcoming whine!]
I've come to the conclusion that showing girls at this level of competition is just too disappointing. Yes, it's true! I, the proverbial optimist, am disappointed. :-(

Poppy is hormonal right now, which not only caused her to shed out all her coat, thus giving her the look of a hyena, but also turned her into a Fruit Loop. [heavy sigh] So in all honesty, she didn't deserve to win today....and she didn't.

Mom always said, "If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen". Ok Mom, you are right, I have to get over my "Pity Party".

The truth....
The dogs that won today are beautiful and deserving. Under normal conditions, Poppy is just as awesome, but this is NOT her moment to shine.

Tonight I'm going to hang out with a friend and together we will watch the Westminster Group classes on TV.  I will root for Rowan, a red tri Aussie, to win the group. I have seen this very nice male in the fur and he deserves my support. GO RED DAWG!!!

Note to self -the next dog I own that competes to this level is going to be a "knock your socks off" testosterone-toting huggy-bear Boy! [fingers-crossed]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your comments, reviews, or opinions!