Thursday, May 13, 2010

A Wedding

Here I am sitting in the airport in Kansas City, MO waiting for my plane to head west. The moment has finally arrived, after so many unexpected delays and set-backs.

Last night Topeka had several fierce storms blow through, bringing winds, torrential rain, lightning, thunder and hail. There were weather advisories for tornados and flooding.
Not to say I was stressed out, anymore so, than I've already been as the final countdown begins to the "Big Day".
But I really did want to get a good night's sleep, so I'd look bright-eyed and bushy tailed for my trip, instead of being that sleep deprived hag that stared back at me in the mirror this morning.

Thank goodness this wedding isn't "All about Me"! Nope, all eyes will be focused on the beautiful bride, my daughter, Tara and her handsome husband-to-be, Chris.

And what does it really matter that I'll have not just one, but two ex-husbands at the wedding? I promised Tara that I would be on my most charming behavior during the ceremony and reception to follow. I can do that! I've learned from the pros (my dad) how to be suave and debonair during moment's of undue stress. HA!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Before I could finish this blog, my plane boarded and not wanting to miss out on picking a good seat, I tossed the laptop back in my bag and rushed to stand in line.

Why is it, that no matter where I select to sit on a plane, I will always ended up next to the crying baby? I wouldn't mind a few sniffles on take off and landing, but the whole trip?!?!?!  I really need some total noise destroying earphones!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your comments, reviews, or opinions!